Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Emerson


I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be
- Robert Munsch

Happy First Birthday in Heaven my precious little boy. You'll forever hold a special place in my heart and I'll carry you with me for always. Look for the balloons we'll be sending your way and know that we love you for always.

<3

3 comments on "Happy Birthday Emerson"

Me on June 1, 2009 at 1:24 PM said...

Beautiful poem. Happy first birthday, Emerson. I am so sorry your time with him was so brief.

In the Jewish tradition, we say this prayer every year when we memorialize those we have lost, and I thought you might appreciate this:

As long as we live, they too will live;
For they are now a part of us:
As we remember them!

At the rising sun and at its going down we remember them.
At the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter we remember them.
At the opening of the buds and in the rebirth of spring we remember them.
At the blueness of the skies and in the warmth of summer we remember them.
At the rustling of the leaves and in the beauty of the autumn we remember them.
At the beginning of the year and when it ends we remember them.
As long as we live, they too will live,
for they are now a part of us. As we remember them.
When we are weary and in need of strength we remember them.
When we are lost and sick at heart we remember them.
When we have decisions that are difficult to make we remember them.
When we have joy we crave to share we remember them.
When we have achievements that are based on theirs we remember them.
For as long as we live, they too will live,
For they are now a part of us, as we remember them.

- Tkeys

Debbie on June 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM said...

Oh Heather Lynne-- I'm so sorry I didn't see this post until today.

Happy first birthday in heaven, sweet baby Emerson. <3 I carry you in my heart, too. <3

SarahRachel on June 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM said...

That Jewish poem above is so beautiful. Big hugs to you Heather Lynne. Happy Birthday, Emerson.