Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday 5 - Week 2



Story Time

1. Which of your stories have you probably told the greatest number of times to the most people?

This is a hard one this week. I don't really have any stories that have ever been worth sharing, so I don't. For the sake of having some kind of actual answer I'll go with the story of my first ever hockey game. My bio-dad took me to the San Jose Sharks first ever hockey game as an expansion team in the NHL. I was no more than 2 years old at the time. In his enthusiasm he stuck my head in the mouth of the team's mascot, Sharkie, which is pretty darn terrifying for a little toddler. But somehow it didn't turn me off to the sport because it is now my #1 favorite.

2. What’s a story someone else often tells about you, much to your chagrin?

I don't really have anyone to talk to these days, let alone be annoyed by the over-telling of particular stories, so this question is moot.

3. What oft-told story from a chapter in your life seems to be remembered differently by different people who were there?

It's not something I talk about a lot, but talk of the 74 days that I spent in the hospital while I was pregnant with Emmett does come up and Rob and I each have our separate memories of the nightmare that it was.

4. What are some of the details, without retelling the whole story, of a story you’ve told often but never to your parents?

I have no idea! I don't tell my parents anything, really. But it has more to do with the fact that we don't talk.

5. What song would be an appropriate soundtrack to the story of your most embarrassing moment?

If I had an embarrassing moment that I could remember, I would have an answer. But I don't.

~*~

Okay, today's 5 sucks as far as my answers are concerned. What can I say, I'm not a story-type person when it comes to me doing the telling. I'd rather read something.

For more Friday 5 participants click here!

0 comments on "Friday 5 - Week 2"