Friday, April 3, 2009

On the fly


Sorry I haven't been able to update or anything since Tuesday but I just haven't found the time to sleep, let alone do anything else. I was officially discharged yesterday and coming home without Emmett in my arms was absolutely heartbreaking. I don't think I stopped crying all night, and I definitely couldn't sleep. Not that I am getting much of that to begin with. I have been pumping every 2-3 hours around the clock and the first couple of days were torture, but that was before the milk came in. We have been very blessed so far that Emmett has everything going for him. He hasn't had any breathing troubles, he's doing a great job regulating his own body temperature and has been an excellent sucker/swallower. He's our little rock star. He's classified as a feeder/grower right now and he should be able to come home in another day or so.

I have to get going, Rob had a few errands to run this morning so we're on our way back to the hospital in just a few.

4 comments on "On the fly"

Toto on April 3, 2009 at 4:18 PM said...

HL--I'm sorry to hear that you had to leave Emmet at the hospital, but glad to hear he is thriving! The next couple of days will be over before you know it and he'll be home with you!! Hang in there! And post up some pictures, I want to see the little cutie!!

hugs........

Me on April 3, 2009 at 7:17 PM said...

I'm so sorry - that must have been so difficult to leave him at the hospital. It sounds like he'll be home in no time!! - Tkeys

Liv said...

HL - I'm so happy to hear that Emmett is doing so well. We all are thinking/praying for you over at the Oct 2008 board!
- Liv

Lisa on April 10, 2009 at 1:37 AM said...

I just wanted to say "Hi" and tell you I know how hard walking out of the hospital without your baby is. I'm the mom of a former 24 weeker, who is now 4 years old. Leaving the hospital without him was one of the hardest things I have ever done. It sounds like your little miracle is doing well. I hope he'll be home with you soon!