Thursday, May 14, 2009

Six week post-partum check-up


I'm finally starting to feel better - I hate being sick, and with a new baby at home it just makes everything that much worse. Thankfully though, nobody else in the house caught what I had. I was terrified of Emmett catching it, but he's as healthy as a horse. Or a grizzly bear. Take your pick.

So the mommy had her check up this morning. Everything is good and I am just glad to have it over. This whole pregnancy experience really is over now, and that's alright with me. I would rather take having a cranky baby and weeks of no sleep than be back on the other side of things. My doctor gave the official go ahead ... I'm sure you can work that out on your own. It's not exactly high on my priority list right now though. I was being 100% serious when I asked if he could retract that statement and excuse me for another couple of months.

Now we're just under 2 weeks away from our visit back home to California. My heart is already pounding. It's going to be a hard trip to take, but one that we're looking forward to regardless.

3 comments on "Six week post-partum check-up"

♥ LyNnE ♥ on May 14, 2009 at 5:38 PM said...

Glad your appt went well :)

Raising Twin Girls on May 14, 2009 at 11:27 PM said...

Wow, six weeks goes by fast doesn't it? I'm in no hury to get the all clear either. I don't blame you at all. I'm glad Rob and Emmett didn't catch what you had. :)

SarahRachel on May 19, 2009 at 4:09 PM said...

Did you Dr give you specifics on how to DTD?! Mine did and I was like "WHOA! I'm sure we can figure it out eventually. In the meantime, let's just not talk about it." Well- that's what I said in my head! ;-)