Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday 5 - Week 1


Photobucket
Getting to know me

1. What are the titles of the last three books you read all of?

Alright. Please keep in mind that I am a 20 year old Twililaholic who has had a super-crazed obsession with YA supernatural/romance type books for as far back as I can remember. After I sped through my first two readings of the entire Twilight series long before the release of Breaking Dawn in August 2008 I was going through some major Cullen withdrawals. A few other members of the Twilight Discussion Group that I played a vocal part in (yes, I was seriously a key player in a Twilight Discussion Group) came up with a list of other YA Vampire novels that they loved and I went through the entire list in just about two weeks. Pretty impressive for a list of about 12 books. Like I said, I was going through withdrawals. One of the books, Blue Bloods, was the first in another series written by Melissa de la Cruz and currently has 3 books in publication with the fourth coming out in less than 2 weeks. Which is why I just had to read Blue Bloods, Masquerade, and Revelations all over again. To prepare myself mentally for what is about to come in The Van Alen Legacy. It took me some time to get into these books as they have a very slow build to the mystery and action, but now I am hooked. October 6th can't come soon enough.

And did you know they make trailers for books nowadays? EW has an exclusive on the fourth Blue Bloods novel, here.


2. What are the titles of between three and five magazines you subscribe to or used to subscribe to?

I'm not very big on magazine subscriptions. I love to read Entertainment Weekly and only recently got myself a subscription because it was free. And right now, that is it! We used to get both Sports Illustrated (which frustrates me because there just isn't enough Hockey mentioned for my taste) as well as The Hockey News (plenty of Hockey mentioned there, folks) but we canceled them both and I can't exactly remember why.

3. What’s on your night table?

Honestly, I don't have one! All there is in my bedroom as far as furniture is concerned is the bed and a dinky dresser that is piled high with clothes because I absolutely hate to fold them (it's the hardest part of doing the laundry).

4. What are the three best things that happened to you in the past seven days?

Let's see here. For starters I talked with my Grandmother on the phone for about an hour - each day. That's the easiest way to make a day great; she's like my best friend. Then the funniest thing happened yesterday, forcing me to recognize the fact that Emmett really is ready to start solids. He stole part of my banana! I had cut one up to put in my cereal for breakfast and was taking my time as usual (a.k.a. forgetting about it completely). Before I could actually put them in my cereal I remember picking him up and we were standing right next to the counter and it was like a moth being drawn to a flame! I have never seen him snatch something up so fast and pop it into his mouth. He makes his momma so proud! Look for some messy baby photos soon! I still need one more great thing about this week. Does the fact that it went by really, really fast count? I love Fridays and I love the weekend so I am so happy we have completed another week!

5. What was your senior yearbook quote, and what would your yearbook quote be this year if there were such a thing?

Now you've got me thinking! I really don't remember to be honest, and I only graduated 2 years ago! You would think I could remember something as recent as that but nope! I actually have to get up and check my yearbook. It figures that it was a quote from Walt Disney:

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them

I'd use the same quote today. It's always been a favorite of mine. And it is true. Maybe all of my dreams haven't come true yet, but there certainly one that gives me the biggest smiles I have ever seen every single day.

For more Friday 5 participants click here!

1 comments on "Friday 5 - Week 1"

Unknown on September 26, 2009 at 11:30 AM said...

Welcome back to the world of blogging!

I wouldn't mind getting that YA Vampire book list from you ;)