Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday 13 - Week 1


Photobucket
A is where it's at

1. Apples. Love 'em. Can't get enough of 'em. And I am strictly talking apples here, no apple juice (yuck!) or applesauce (double yuck), thank you. Is it just me, or does fall just scream apple picking? I remember spending the first weekend in October visiting my grandparents to we could all go to the local Apple Festival. Fun times. Fun times. I loved to go bobbing for apples, and the sweet tooth in my heart holds a special place for these:


2. Ackles. Jensen Ackles. It is Thursday night which means I get my weekly Jensen Ackles & Supernatural fix. Alright, I confess. I usually get a daily Jensen Ackles & Supernatural fix seeing as I own the entire series on DVD so far. What can I say? Nothing. Just watch this clip.

3. Autumn. It may not be my favorite season if you ask me during summer. It may not even be my favorite season if you ask me during the spring. But I absolutely love autumn ... during autumn! The weather is finally cooling down (supposedly), the Holidays are just around the corner, the leaves are changing colors, and all of the aroma of pumpkins and spices are making me happy.

4. Amazing Grace. It doesn't get any better than listening to someone play this on the bagpipes.

5. Austin and I don't mean Austin, Texas. I mean my baby brother of course. The little pumpkin will be celebrating his first birthday in October. Looks like Emmett will be attending his first birthday party. For his uncle. Who is only 6 months older than him.

6. Albacore. It's tuna, not chicken.


7. Alvin and the Chipmunks. Because I loved watching them when I was a kid. I even distinctly remember singing "Witch Doctor" while walking up the hill, backwards, to the cafeteria when I was in Elementary school for lunch with my best friend. Good times those were.

8. Animaniacs. My dad still does a kick ass impression of Wakko. But the one moment I will always remember in Animaniacs history is Yakko's World. I just had to learn to sing it on my own. To think I actually memorized the countries of the world at one point in time. All thanks to a cooky cartoon.


9. Animorphs. Is there anyone out there who remembers these books? I'm pretty sure that I was in Elementary school when they came and I was absolutely fascinated by them. I mean, what kid wouldn't want to meet some crazy blue centaur-like alien with who give you the ability to morph into any animal that you touch? They even had a short lived television series and at the time I was so devastated when they canceled it.

10. Art. Be it dance, sculpture, painting, photography, or whatever medium you choose, art inspires us all and we inspire it.

11. Adventureland. Home to the ever-awesome Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. I totally went on this ride 6 times in one hour this summer on our Disney adventure.


12. Anne. It's my mother's middle name. She may not be my favorite person in the world but lately, who is? It's a part of why they spelled Lynne with the two N's and an E in my first name. Among other factors. If in some unknown time if I am ever blessed with a daughter it has not been taken off a possible middle name list.

13. Angels. They are always with us.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

1 comments on "Thursday 13 - Week 1"

Megan, Life Revamped on September 25, 2009 at 1:56 AM said...

that's a nice thirteen!

xoxo