Wednesday, September 23, 2009

3 Months Gone


Make that 3 months and change. 3 months and 1 week gone, really. A lot of things have changed since I last posted. Really, I don't know what to say or where to start.

The good news is that everyone is healthy and a certain little man who shall remain nameless (EMMETT!!!) is just 1 week away from reaching that halfway point of his first year of life. I'm n denial that he'll really be 6 months old so soon. Watching him day by day, it's all just gone by so fast. I want to enjoy this baby stage a little longer, please! I'll try and update his stats after his 6 month check up but he's already closing in on 17 pounds. 17 pounds!! How did my precious 4 pound little guy get so big and chunky? We're actually getting ready to start solids next week. That right there just seems so surreal in itself. He's really been in my life for almost 6 months, hasn't he? I can't imagine a single day without him.

As for this tired momma, things are different; different, but looking up. Not only have I been trying to adjust to life as a new mom, but I've also been trying to adjust to life as a "single mom". And I do use the term loosely, not knowing what else to call it. Rob moved out over the summer while we try and take a step back and work through some problems. It was probably the best decision that we could have made. After everything that has happened in the past year we just were not getting anywhere trying to 'fix things' under the same roof and I honestly don't think we would have been able to make it work if he hadn't. All I can really say right now is this: we are moving in the right direction.

And now this tired momma needs to go to sleep before she completely forgets too. Hope to 'talk' to you all soon. And if you're still around, thanks so much for everything!

5 comments on "3 Months Gone"

Alyssa on September 24, 2009 at 6:52 AM said...

I'm so glad you updated! I came by your blog yesterday, wondering how you guys were. I'm so glad to hear that Emmett is doing so wonderfully!

I'm glad that you and Rob are moving in the right direction. Sometimes a few steps back are needed, and it's so much better to fix the problem at the root than try to keep pushing it aside. Best of luck to the 3 of you!

P.S. need baby pictures! =)

beth on September 24, 2009 at 8:22 AM said...

I am glad you are able to get things going in the right direction! And, I agree..need baby pics!

Raising Twin Girls on September 24, 2009 at 9:22 AM said...

I'm so glad you are still out there HL. I have been wondering how you and Emm bear have been doing. Six months already...I can hardly believe it. My girls will be 5 months this weekend. Where has the time gone? I hope things continue to get better with your relationship or it moves in the direction you would like. You are in my thoughts now and again and it was good to see a post from you.
Take care (((Hugs)))

Alison on September 24, 2009 at 5:10 PM said...

Oh Heather Lynne! It's good to hear from you. I have been wondering how you were doing. I am glad to hear the Emmett is doing so well! Yay!
Sorry to hear about you and Rob, but I am glad that you are moving in the right direction!
I am here if you ever need an ear!

Me on September 25, 2009 at 1:34 AM said...

I'm so glad to see you back and posting again. I hope things continue to improve - you have been through so much! Glad to hear it is all moving in the right direction! - Tkeys