Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"I Want..." Wednesday #1



What do you want to do outside?

There isn't much I want to do that has to do with the outdoors today of all days. Being sick makes me miserable and what I really want is to go curl up in bed and pass out until I feel better. But since that option is currently unavailable to me ...

Horseback riding!

There's something that I haven't done in I can't tell you how long. Horses are amazing creatures and I always felt at home visiting the Ranch where our neighbors boarded their three horses. They moved away when I was in Jr. High and that was the last time that I clearly remember climbing into the saddle although I am sure there is at least one or two more memories that my brain wont recall since then.

But one of my favorite memories (and one of the earliest that I can remember clearly) was during one particular family reunion, camping in a forest in Colorado. The whole family ended up going on a guided trail ride and I think it was my first experience on horseback, ever. I was riding with my Uncle Scott, and if you can believe it I still remember the name of the horse, Pedro. Keep in mind I had to have been only about 4 years old at the time, if that even. What an amazing experience it was! I wish I could even describe how fun it was for me, and how amazing it was to be riding through the mountainside, over fallen trees, through rivers. It makes me skin tingle a little thinking about it.

There's something I would love to do outside. Today. Tomorrow. Any day. I just wish we were in a position to own a horse of our own. Who knows, maybe someday it will happen.

2 comments on ""I Want..." Wednesday #1"

Frances on October 1, 2009 at 10:50 AM said...

First off, I hope you are feeling better.
Second, I hope you get your horse one day.
Third - I'm loving your Halloween them here.
Adorable.
I played I Want too.
Have a great weekend.

Noner on October 1, 2009 at 12:47 PM said...

Thanks for sharing your wants.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

I've always wanted to learn how to ride a horse, but never have.