Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fairy Mother in Law


Bedrest Day: 65
Hospital Day: 55

I love, love, love my Mother-in-Law. Rob's mother is amazing and the fact that she's actually here in VA for about a week and half is a pretty big deal for me. She's really the first visitor that I've had in a very long time not including Rob who doesn't get up here very often. The last visitor I had who I wasn't married to was my dad and that really feels like a lifetime ago.

The woman is just indescribable, really. She's funny, she's warm, she's just everything that I really need right now.

She brought a lot of things with her, and it's been like a crazy happy day for me right now (full to the brim with tears though, these hormones are intense). I didn't really need anything other than her company, but she made me this gorgeous little necklace and bracelet set and teased me about the fact that I don't have my ears pierced. One of my nicknames that Rob gave me years ago was Bumble Bee because all of my chatter makes him think of a buzzing bee, so she actually hand-crafted these itty bitty little bees out of some metal (I kind of forget what it is) and it's a little crazy to think how she did it. Such a crafty woman she is! I'm hoping she'll kick Rob's butt into gear and get things started on Emmett's room, but I'm not getting my hopes up there.

Probably the most emotional part of today was a gift from my old co-workers from back home. They sent a gorgeous card, letters and kind words along with a gift card to use for little Emmett. Freaking $500. I can't even think of how to thank of everyone, but it means so much to me and to Rob too, I know.

5 comments on "Fairy Mother in Law"

Alison on March 12, 2009 at 9:03 PM said...

That's so awesome Heather Lynne! How long is Rob's mom visiting for? Also, congrats on making it to 30 weeks!! Keep it up Emmett!!!:)

Raising Twin Girls on March 13, 2009 at 2:08 AM said...

I'm so glad you have some support with Rob's mom being there. Visitors make this sentence so much better. You old co-workers were very generous. That $500 should help out a ton!

Kari on March 13, 2009 at 6:44 AM said...

I am so glad you have company! I can't imagine having to be in a bed alone for as long as you have. It's almost over!

Debbie on March 14, 2009 at 8:25 AM said...

I'm so glad you sound so happy!! I'm sure that Rob's mom was a welcomed distrataction-- and hey-- it's wonderful that you have a great relationship with her!! :D

Enjoy spending your giftcard!! Now you can do lots of online shopping. :)

Unknown on March 15, 2009 at 12:16 AM said...

Oh honey, I hope your doing will. :) Emmett I hope you stay snuggle in mommy. Wish you luck Heather-lynn.

Kristen,
nicksgirl0330 on Sk.