Monday, March 16, 2009

Three One


Bedrest Day: 69
Hospital Day: 59

As of today I am 31 weeks pregnant!

That's as far as my happy vibes will get me today. If I was any other pregnant woman not locked up in a hospital already this whole post would be about my eventful night spent in L&D, but considering it's me, anything Hospital related shouldn't be a surprise.

Last night my contractions started to pick up again, but they weren't really coming that regularly, so it just felt like any other Sunday night before my progesterone shot. Today has been a different story altogether - Once I was on the monitor this morning it was showing contractions just over every 3 minutes. Insert panicked mommy here. I got a shot of Terbutaline to stop the contractions, and let me say, for the record, that I hate this stuff. It makes me shaky and my heart race and not adding in all of the stress from today so far I feel like I'm just one breath short of a full-blown panic attack. But it did a pretty good job in stopping the onslaught of contractions; at least it slowed them down.

Dr. T isn't happy with this weeks CL, or lack thereof I should say. I have absolutely no measurable cervix left, still funneled to the stitch and I'm 1 cm dilated. Right now all that is holding this boy out from the world is a thread. Scary, scary, scary thought. She did another fFN test and we may not get the results back until tomorrow, but I'm hoping for sooner. She said the stitch isn't showing any signs of tearing, so it's staying in, but if it does she'll remove it immediately.

Right now I feel like all I can do is cross every part I physically can and just hope that he'll stay in on his own for a few more weeks. I'm just not ready for him to be born yet. I'm still having contractions, but they are few and far between, but they are strong. It's not comforting, knowing that all your doctors agree that the only thing holding this baby in is the cerclage.

4 comments on "Three One"

Kari on March 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM said...

Heather Lynne it is scary but your boy is a trooper like his momma! He won't make his debut until the time is right!

Toto on March 17, 2009 at 6:05 AM said...

Hey kiddo......hang in there! Remember, every day, every hour, every minute is better than the day, hour, minute before. You're in good hands and in the right place for whatever will be. Hoping you get good news and that he'll stay in longer. Just be comforted in knowing that you and the doctor's are doing as much as they can do to keep him growing as long as possible! We're all rooting for you and sending hugs......--Sus E from SK

Raising Twin Girls on March 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM said...

I'm sorry to read your news. I really hope you can get a little more time and give let that boy pack on a little more fat. I hope all is well.

Scott and Tamara on March 18, 2009 at 4:20 PM said...

Heather Lynne Just wanted to let you know you are in our prayers here in Alaska. We have been following your progress and wanted to encourage you and let you know that you are doing a great job!Hang in there.Mom2many and reekae06 from SK