Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Positive


Bedrest Day: 71
Hospital Day: 61

Sorry I didn't get around to posting the results of the fFN test here. I just never quite made it that far. It was a bad "concentrating" day, if you know what I mean. My head still feels like it's in another world most of the time right now. I'm surprised half of the words coming out of my mouth aren't in some kind of alien tongue or something.

The results came back yesterday morning and I failed once again with my positive reading. I know there isn't much I can do but cross my fingers and pray that this was no different than the previous tests where nothing ended up happening. It's just hard for me not to get stressed about it and worry with the other signs. Two days later, I can't really say there's much change. They've kept me on Terbutaline because it's been the only thing to slow my contractions, although they have definitely not gone away. I know he'll be in good hands if he was born now, but that doesn't mean I want it that way. As a mother the best I can do is give him the best chance at life possible, and that means he needs to stay put for a few more weeks.

I'm trying to go by the daily goal, but my sights are really just making it to Monday and 32 weeks. And God willing, 33 weeks, 34 weeks or 35 weeks at which point Dr. T has mentioned they will stop trying to prevent my labor and he'll come on his own terms.

2 comments on "Positive"

Toto on March 18, 2009 at 8:31 PM said...

HUGS..........sorry that you got a positive on the fFN, but glad you're thinking POSITIVELY that maybe this time will be like other times in that nothing will happen!!!

Thought of you today when I ran into my son's preschool teacher from last year. She was with her 4 month old perfect and chubby little guy. I wouldn't have known if she hadn't told me, but this gorgeous little guy was born at 29 weeks! He was able to fit in the palm of her hand, and was in the NICU for 2 months. She said of course it wasn't easy, but he's doing great now and it was all worth it!!! She too had been on extended bedrest, one week in the hospital, one week out, one week in, one week out from very early on....... I just think it's important to keep the positive thoughts positive and to keep reminding yourself that he can and he will be great! HUGS HUGS and more HUGS!!! ---Sus E

Kari on March 19, 2009 at 7:33 AM said...

I hope your little guy hangs in there another couple of weeks but if he decides to make his appearance now you will know that you did everything you could to keep him safe and now the drs will do everything they can to keep him that way!