Monday, January 19, 2009

It was nice knowing ya (not)


Bedrest Day: 15
Hospital Day: 5

No, nothing drastic has changed in the past few hours. Today's little ramblings are not pregnancy-related whatsoever. What has happened, or will happen tomorrow, is that we are going to have a new president. What are my thoughts on the matter?

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!

Today is January 19, 2009, also known as Bush's last day to screw up our country. I know not everybody out there shares this point of view, and I won't hold that against you (although I will never understand how anyone can agree with what the man has done over the past 8 years). I'm honestly not joking when I say if the option were on the table I would be at home throwing a party and playing pin the tail on the donkey featuring America's number one jackass. Let's just say I've been looking forward to this day since 2004, and it's 4 years overdue from the 2000 election.

The only positives I am taking away from the past 8 years is that, somehow, we survived it all. I'm going to have a good old time watching the inauguration of our 44th President tomorrow, Barack Obama.

Now I just hope he can make some changes for the better. I don't expect him to solve every problem, and I certainly don't expect that he'll have an easy road. But I'll root for his success every step of the way. It's time everyone stood united for once, I'm tired of politics dividing the country in as negative a way as it's been lately.

But I'll spare anyone who reads this my candid thoughts on the matter. Unless I change my mind tomorrow, which I might. At least I'll compile a list of my favorite Bush-isms. Please, share a couple if you can, there's too many for me to pick.

1 comments on "It was nice knowing ya (not)"

Amy on January 28, 2009 at 1:08 AM said...

I was lurking on sheknows.com and found the link to your blog. I had two losses at 20 and 13 weeks and have an incompetent cervix as well. I have two boys, 7 1/2 and 3 1/2. They were both preemies, born at 27 and 34 weeks. I really hope that everything goes well for you and that you are pregnant for much, much longer.