Friday, January 30, 2009

Flu and Tonsillitis


I have the flu!

I have tonsillitis!

What a wonderful world that I love in, I really think I have a dark cloud over my head. I get the flu while in the hospital of all places, and I'm miserable. I really can't catch a break

I've always been the one who doesn't get hit badly with some sickness or other. My mom, my dad, my sister would all come down with something that lasted weeks and lucky little me got nothing. I've only ever been really sick once in my life after getting snowed in in Denver while visiting family. I was useless for a week, was blacking out any time that I stood up and couldn't eat; I could barely swallow the antibiotics the Dr. gave me and I'm one who likes to avoid taking pills unless I feel like I absolutely have to. My whole body aches, my chest hurts, my head is pounding. I have to have the lights out all day if I can help it, and I cant even tolerate the computer for long periods of time (which is when I'm forcing myself because I have nothing else to do when I'm actually awake). They're pumping me with fluids to keep me hydrated since I can't even keep water down most of the time.

Now, because the flu isn't bad enough to start off with, I get to add tonsillitis to the mix. My tonsils are inflamed, my throat is on fire, and I can't talk. Rob is just going to love this when he drives out in the morning. We're supposed to celebrate his birthday this weekend (he turns 23 on Monday) and I'm getting the feeling it wont be a fun celebration.

3 comments on "Flu and Tonsillitis"

Tiffany Husted on January 31, 2009 at 12:03 AM said...

awww :( Hugs girlie!

Anonymous said...

God love ya !!!!

Thank god you are laready in the hospital !!!!

Hang in there sweetie pie !!!!

Raising Twin Girls on February 1, 2009 at 12:40 AM said...

That is so not fair with everything else that you have been through lately. It is all the hospital's fault. LOL

I hope you get better soon and you can enjoy some time with Rob. Take care. *hugs*