Friday, January 16, 2009

Total Confinement


Time for the good news, and then it will be time for the bad news. But I'm a firm believer that the good news should come first, so here we go:

Good: I'm still pregnant, and Emmett is happily kicking away, oblivious to all the crap that dear old mommy is going through. This little guy is going to get an earful about all I've been through one day and I'm hoping this means he'll be an easy going child, but I doubt I'll be that lucky. Some people just have that dark cloud that follows them. But wait, I'm being positive. There is no such thing as negatives on this blog anymore, otherwise I might loose my sanity.

Bad: My appointment with the Peri yesterday (can I just call her Dr. T from now on??) was definitely not what I was hoping for. It was 100% the opposite of what we wanted to hear so badly. My CL measured 1.2 cm, down over a full cm again in less than two weeks. To add insult to injury I was funneled to the stitch. So what does this all mean?

Go to Jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Dr. T didn't hesitate in sending me back to the hospital for the second appointment in a row, and this time it doesn't look like I'll be going home anytime soon. Consider it a term sentence rather than a life sentence. It's 100% possible that I will be here until Emmett is born, be that tomorrow, or at 40 weeks (although if I do manage to make it to my due date by some miracle I can only hope they'd at least let me petition for parole and take it seriously at some point). But Dr. T doesn't seem too worried and she says this is all just a precaution so they can keep a closer eye on everything going on. She did mention that the 2 hour drive back and forth to her office hadn't been doing me any favors and now I can have more frequent checks and we'll see what's really going on with my cervix. Who knows, maybe it's been bouncing back and forth and we have no idea because we have appointments on the bad week? OK, that was my attempt at positive thinking, how am I doing so far?

Last night was a tough one for me, so it was probably a good thing I couldn't update until now because my thoughts weren't pretty. But I made a promise to myself: If I could make it through the night we wouldn't waste another second waisted on what could go wrong. So I'm going to be a happy peppy people as Rob said (actually it's really the first thing he's said in a couple of weeks that wasn't a grunt). He's gonna start quoting I Love Lucy to me now. That put a huge smile on my face.

2 comments on "Total Confinement"

Jenny's Delights on January 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM said...

I hope you can keep little Emmett in until atleast 35 weeks!!!!! I can't imagine how tough living in the hospital would be. The longest I did during my pregnancy with Cody was 2 days for magnesium. That was rough too!

Anonymous said...

You can do it Heather Lynne! Keep your great attitude up and I will be praying for you and Emmett.