Monday, January 12, 2009

22 Weeks


Photobucket

Hallelujah!! 22 weeks!!

Those will be the first words out of my mouth every Monday morning until Emmett arrives in May (and it had better not be any earlier). Each week that passes is a cause for celebration. But on the downside, this also marks 1 full week on bed rest a.k.a. Professional Couch Potato duty as I like to call it; my full-time job as it stands.

This whole movement thing is really starting to blow my mind, and it's really hard to explain why. I'm so unbelievably relieved, happy, ecstatic, nervous (you name it!) that Emmett has finally decided to make his presence known to mommy. I was really worrying about why I hadn't felt him move yet, and now I'm getting constant little reminders that he's rolling around in there. I've always heard everyone talking about little flutters and all that, but I think it reminds me a lot more of a fish swimming in a bag of water - you know when you bring that goldfish home from the pet store? It's really giving me goose bumps every time I feel him, and it makes my stomach flip flop all over the place (in a good way, I promise). It's definitely made lying here all day a little more entertaining, but I wish he wouldn't go so long in between his little IM's (apparently this is what Rob has decided to call it, so I'm playing along here). The mommy is in dire need of some company.

Now I just can't wait until Rob actually gets to feel movement. OH! And seeing him move from the outside too. That's fascinating to me, and so ... weird? I know that's not the right word to describe what I mean, but it's as close as this tired brain is going to get. I just can't imagine that, can't fathom it. Oh, but I hope it wont be too much longer.

** By the way, I cheated on the belly pic! It's from yesterday, so one day shy of 22 weeks, but close enough in my book.

2 comments on "22 Weeks"

Anonymous said...

Love it !!!!!

Jenny's Delights on January 12, 2009 at 9:48 PM said...

This is great! I can't wait to read more!!!! :)