Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Belly Movement


Bedrest Day: 17
Hospital Day: 7

I have definitely been feeling Emmett move more and more, and even more over the past week. It's probably the only thing I like about being pregnant right now, the rest of it kind of sucks, but this is exciting. Now I'm pretty much feeling him all day, but he's mostly active right before any meal; it's almost like I have a little reminder that it's time to eat. It's got to be the coolest and strangest feeling thing I've felt. No, that's not right - it was the coolest and strangest feeling.

I was just laying in bed last night (not that this should be much of a surprise) watching a hockey game on my laptop and getting constant little kicks from Emmett. I wanted to see if just maybe I could actually see him move, so I pulled my shirt up to watch my belly and it happened! I saw my belly move. It was just a little jump, and it was just so ... weird. I can't even think of another word to use. It's one thing to imagine it, but to actually see my belly move, it's just crazy! But I love it. I just sat there and stared at my belly for most of the night.

Rob is going to go crazy when he gets to see this. Maybe when he comes out this weekend he might actually get to feel him kick?! I've been rubbing my belly a lot lately, just hoping that soon I'll be able to feel him from the outside, but so far nothing. I told him what I saw, but I don't think he's going to believe me until he sees it himself.

But wow, what on earth is that going to be like when Emmett gets bigger?

2 comments on "Belly Movement"

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting !!!!

Alison on January 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM said...

Isn't it amazing!! I was laughing and so excited the other night when I was watching my belly move. My husband also really felt her kick when my belly was moving too. He was so excited and his eyes lit up!
YAY!