Friday, January 23, 2009

My Must Haves


Bedrest Day: 19
Hospital Day: 9

This has all been trial and error so far - the things I need to get me through my day while I'm at the hospital. I keep having to leave little messages for Rob on what I need him to bring for me during his next visit. I'm trying to keep track of everything so that someday, if we change our minds and want to go through this hell again, I'll be prepared. Who knows, maybe somebody else will find it helpful. Keep in mind that I'm sure I have over looked a couple of things, and I will repost this again when I'm further along to incorporate all the things I know I'm still going to need!

Either way, this is my inventory:

Clothes:

1 fluffy white robe
1 large zip-up sweat-shirt
2 pajama bottoms (one with ducks, one with pink stripes)
4 tank tops (all black, because it goes with anything)
2 plain black short sleeved shirts
1 plain black long sleeved shirt
4 pairs of socks (including my lucky pink knee highs)
7 pairs of underwear
7 pairs of Rob's boxers
4 sports bras
1 pair of slippers (not that I get to walk anywhere, joy to the wheelchair)
Change of clothes for Rob

Toiletries:

Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Shampoo
Conditioner
Hairbrush
Blow dryer
Body soap
Lotion
Makeup
Deodorant
Hair ties/clips
Bobby pins
Razor
Razor blades
Emery board
Kleenex

Entertainment

Laptop ***
Laptop charger
Book selection
Deck of cards
Journal
The Sims 2
DVD selection
Cell Phone
Cell phone charger
Twilight ***
iPod
Headphones

Other:

Angel of Remembrance for Emerson (Christmas gift from Rob)
Batteries
Camera
Memory cards
Cell phone
Framed photo of Rob and I from our wedding
Pillow from home
Pillowcase from home
Foam pad for the bed
Gum
Snacks
Bag for dirty laundry
Extension cord
Address book
My baby quilt my grandmother made

Italics are for the edit I've made since posting.

7 comments on "My Must Haves"

Anonymous said...

LOL......thats quite the list. I spent 5 days on the hospital when i had makenna but i needed almost none of that. I guess i had a newborn baby to take care of so there was no time for reading or cards...lol

7 pairs of Rob's boxers ???

Kleenex ??? (does the hospital not supply some for you?)

Framed photo of Rob and I from our wedding ??? (What for)

Heather Lynne on January 23, 2009 at 8:18 PM said...

Haha, the boxers are for me. Which reminds me, Rob does have an extra change of clothes for the weekends when he is able to stay out here with me. Must make an edit!!

I'm really, really, really picky about Kleenex and the stuff they have really dries out my nose. So I brought my own.

And the photo is to make it feel like home if this is where I'm going to be for conceivably 10 more weeks+.

Alison on January 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM said...

I can't even imagine Heather Lynne!! You have to move into the hospital. My poor husband would be so overwhelmed with that, but I know he would pull through and be awesome!!:) Question, does your insurance cover your extended hospital stay? Just curious!!!
My thoughts are with you!!:)

Heather Lynne on January 23, 2009 at 10:11 PM said...

Can you imagine if it wasn't covered? Thankfully, the only thing that they aren't covering are the weekly progesterone shots which comes out to about $125 for 5 shots/weeks. Crazy that Tricare will cover my ultrasounds to check my CL every week, but not the shot to hold off preterm labor.

Heather Lynne on January 23, 2009 at 10:19 PM said...

Oh, and I meant that it's for 5 shots which comes out to 5 weeks. I don't get 5 shots in a week!

Alison on January 24, 2009 at 10:19 AM said...

That is crazy that they will cover your ultrasounds and not the shots. At least it's covered and a load off of your shoulders. That is something you don't need to be worrying about right now!:)

Anonymous said...

Do you have coloring books HL? You should totally have Rob bring you some. Remember when we'd take them on the bus to away games? My Little Pony FTW!!!