Monday, February 23, 2009

28 weeks


Bedrest Day: 48
Hospital Day: 38

I've had a lot of tears this morning - but don't worry, they've all been happy tears. 28 weeks is a huge deal for me right now. Well, every day is a big day (every day is the farthest I've gotten, right), but today is extra special for me: I'm out of that lousy second trimester!! This is all new territory.

So the report from todays appointment is as follows: My CL was actually up .1 cm !! I never knew I would be so thankful for a .1 of anything. So it looks like my cervix is holding for now after 3 weeks of little/no change. Let's just kee our fingers crossed that it stays that way. Today's fFN came back negative as well and Dr. T wasted no time in telling me today that our next stop is 30 weeks on this third trimester train (and no, I don't mean I don't have a CL check next week, just that she's confident I'll make it to the 30's+). I have this little pit (anxious & nervous & excited & you name it) in my stomach right now, I really want to be able to say that "I'm 3X weeks pregnant".

Other news from the ultrasound is that Emmett's fluid levels are looking good, and was measuring right around 2 lbs. 13 oz.

I just want everything to keep going like this for another 6 weeks at least. I just want to bring our little guy home, and if it means hanging me by my feet from the ceiling I swear I'll do it with the closest thing to a smile on my face. But no need for that just yet, haha!

3 comments on "28 weeks"

Raising Twin Girls on February 23, 2009 at 11:42 PM said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Another big milestone. Yay for the 3rd Trimester. I just hit my 24 week milestone. 1 down hopefully many more to go.

How have you been lately besides sick? Haven't heard much from you.

Kari on February 24, 2009 at 7:44 AM said...

Yay!!! I am so glad things are looking so good. I hope the next several weeks fly by!

Me on February 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM said...

28 weeks is HUGE, Heather Lynne!! I'm SOOO happy for you. At this point, you WILL be able to safely bring your baby home. Now, every day means a little less time in the NICU. 6 more weeks would be AMAZING, but just take it one week at a time. You are doing so well!! Just keep little Emmett baking as long as you can. - Tkeys