Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First Purchase


Bedrest Day: 36
Hospital Day: 26

Rob made our first purchase last night! We haven't bought anything for Emmett ourselves until now (although my dad and step-mom did give us some of my brother's old baby clothes). We've both been pretty nervous about buying anything before now because we didn't want to bring up any of the what-ifs. It's a big step for us, and we went for the stroller and car seat than something small. There's been a lot of discussion between us over what we wanted to do (and of course with the trusty gals on SK); should we get a travel system or a separate car seat and stroller?

Anyways, we made our decision and went with the Baby Trend Snap N Go stroller. I've been reading a lot of reviews for it as well as for the travel systems and one thing that was really starting to weigh in on me were the complaints about how big and bulky travel systems were - NOT something I am looking for. I don't want to have to lug one of those huge things everywhere. The Snap N Go is lightweight, easy to use, and effortless to just pop out. Mind you, those were Rob's words after testing them out in the store. I'll trust him on this after all of the input that I've got.

We're still debating what infant seat we'd like, but I think we've narrowed it down between the Chicco Keyfit 30 and the Graco Snugride. I just feel like we've actually accomplished a little something.

2 comments on "First Purchase"

Kari on February 11, 2009 at 8:31 PM said...

I bet you are so excited about your first purchase! It won't be long before you will be pushing little Emmett around town!

Raising Twin Girls on February 11, 2009 at 10:49 PM said...

Great decision girly! We are doing the double snap n' go because there is no way I am lugging around a big double stroller travel system. I have only heard good things about the snap n' go's so I think we will be happy with our decisions. And way to go Rob for being a good tester. :)