Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hey Momma


Bedrest Day: 29
Hospital Day: 19

So the short story is this: There is a lot of drama with my mama. And my sister. I'm not talking to them right now, nor do I plan on it anytime soon. Most of you have probably heard a lot of the long story so I'll spare you and myself the details. I don't want to get worked up over it anymore than I have to. So moving on!!!

I ended up destroying my cell phone after our last conversation, Rob tore a new one into my mother over the phone that I would have died to listen to, and now there's this nice big fat wall between me and my family it feels like. But at least we've got another set to choose from. Too bad we can't shop for our parents. Like go into a department store and pick them out based on our own personal needs.

I would choose Rob's mom over my mom any day of the week lately. I used to respect her, not so much these days.

But back to Rob's mom, my MIL (mother in law for those of you not in the "know"). She's awesome. I've liked her from the moment I met her, before Rob and I were officially dating. Luckily she's kind of taken me under her wing since then too. She was one of my first cheerleading coaches, so I've definitely known her for a while. We've been keeping in touch through email more than anything else since I left California, and she's been great to talk to about things. She's also my source of information on hometown life. She's a hair dresser in the small town that we grew up in so she hears everything. Who knew I would be such a gossip whore?

She's especially ticked since she's heard about everything going on with my family. I hadn't really brought it up with her because it's just ahrd for me to talk about my family's dysfunction with her because I'm kind of jealous of Rob's family sometimes and the close bonds they all have. I like to pretend like I have/had that, but it's not true. We've been bouncing the idea of her coming out here just for support and whatever need for a while now, but things finally got settled today. She can't take any time off until March because of things going on, but she did officially book her flights today and she'll be coming out to visit from March 20th to the 23rd. Now all I hope is that Emmett will stay baking until then. I've already told him he's not allowed to make an official appearance until April at the earliest. Let's see if he likes to follow mommies orders or not.

The catch though is this: We haven't told Rob she's coming. I kind of want it to be a surprise for him. I know he misses his family and he'll be happy to see his mom. He's been hinting at wanting her to come out for a while now too. So hopefully (a) we'll be able to keep it a surprise and (b) he wont freak out when she pops in to say hello in person! I'm already thinking of ways to make sure he'll come out here on Friday after work instead of Saturday morning so she doesn't have to surprise him at home or anything like that

0 comments on "Hey Momma"