Friday, February 6, 2009

Glucose Screening


Bedrest Day: 31
Hospital Day: 21

I got to experience for myself the joys that is the glucose tolerance test, a screening for gestational diabetes which my mom had when she was pregnant with me. You have to drink this really icky sugary drink (which just doesn't sound right, sugary is supposed to equal good, right?) that's like 1000x Orange Crush or something and then just wait, wait, and wait! How anyone can make it through the 3 hour I don't know, just waiting one hour after drinking that stuff was more than enough for me. So after that one hour they descend on you like hungry vampires and draw your blood to test your sugar levels.

I'm just hoping I passed, I can't imagine having something else to worry about on top of everything else. I haven't received the results yet, so it's just another waiting game (what isn't anymore). I'll update when I hear!

1 comments on "Glucose Screening"

Raising Twin Girls on February 7, 2009 at 3:16 PM said...

Ooh boy, that sounds like fun. I can't wait to do mine. NOT!!!

I hope you passed. You don't need anything else to worry about. :)