Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Things to Look Forward to


Bedrest Day: 50
Hospital Day: 40

I've been really slow on the draw with the blog lately, haven't I? I've been really, really, really exhausted the past couple of weeks, but I've actually had an awake morning and afternoon, so what better time than now?

So I started making this nice long list earlier this morning of things to look forward to for however long I can keep them coming. If you've ever been on bedrest you'll know all about setting your big milestones that are practically all that get you by each day sometimes. I know I had my moments where if it wasn't for that one tiny spark of something to feel good about I probably would have just lost it. They may seem a little silly to some people, but for me, it can be the only glue holding my world together. Take Mondays for example. Monday is a day a lot of people probably look down on because it means going back to work and the end of the weekend, but Mondays are a very big deal for me - it's not only the start of that plain old week, but it also means I've reached another week into pregnancy. It sounds good and it feels even better to say that "I'm so and so weeks pregnant" when it's somewhere you've never been before and sometimes thought you would never make it.

I already have each Monday highlighted with lots of doodles on my calendar but of course everything else is starting to look a little dull, so I'm extending my "milestones" for other things that I have to look forward to in March:

1. March 8,2009 - I totally didn't even notice this because I am absolutely oblivious to time going by, but our first anniversary is coming up in less than 2 weeks. 1 year of married life will have been under our belt, not that it's turned out anything like I thought it would. No idea how on earth we'll be "celebrating" but he better be taking that weekend off or someone's going to be in trouble.

2. March 10, 2009 - The first of may highly anticipated books I have been dying to get my hands on is coming out. I don't know who did it, but I got hooked on this series called House of Night (it's yet another take on Vampires) and I need, need, need to get my hands on a copy of the 5th book in the series before I die of having nothing new to read.

3. March 21, 2009 - Totally goes without saying, and if you don't know why this date is important to me, you're crazy. Twilight baby!! I am a confessed addict, and I have to have it. Actually, I have to have two copies, just so I can get all of the cool stuff that two different stores are including with it. Someone should thank me for all of the money that I am pouring into their pockets with all I have spent on Twilight.

4. March 24, 2009 - Another book I am dying to have my hands on (even more than Hunted) is City of Glass. The Mortal Instruments series is probably my third favorite series behind Twilight and Outlander.

So most of them probably seem silly, but I'm really, really, really looking forward to March. And it may have something to do with feeling a little better lately.

4 comments on "Things to Look Forward to"

Kari on February 25, 2009 at 7:17 PM said...

Things to look forward to are always awesome when you are stuck on bed rest!

Me on February 26, 2009 at 2:49 PM said...

Those dates are critical to get you through! I counted my days like that, too. Monday was our "flip" day - I just wrote on my blog how we had a Monday ritual reading the baby gaga ticker because we were so excited I'd made it one more week. Some of my weeks, the only high point I could think of was 4 more days until I could take another course of indocin (the medicine that made the pain go away, contractions lessen, and gave me 48 hrs of actual comfort).

Me on February 26, 2009 at 11:16 PM said...

I came back to "tag" you for a blog award. Check out this link for the rules and the award. http://tessiekeys.blogspot.com/2009/02/id-like-to-thank-academy-or-at-least.html

- Tkeys

Kari on February 27, 2009 at 7:21 AM said...

I am also tagging you! I love your blog, it is such an insiration to others! Check it out on my blog http://benandkari.blogspot.com/